The One with Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire

As I write this (first ever!) blog post while snuggled on the couch with my husband, I find myself wondering, "how does a girl (woman??) begin a blog, anyway?". Which reminds me; I'm 8 days shy of birthday number 28 and I still find it easier to refer to myself as a "girl" than a "woman". When do you cross that imaginary line from girlhood into womanhood? I thought (perhaps mistakenly) that marriage might push me over the line, but instead I often feel like a 12-year-old playing house. Except when I was actually a child playing house I didn't have to pay bills, mop floors, wash dishes, or clean the bathroom - which (as it turns out) are all incredibly annoying things you really have to do when you are 27 and playing house.

George and I are excitedly preparing for our trip to New York for Christmas vacation. Our first Christmas as husband and wife has been so much fun so far, and I can't wait to share the holidays with all of his (my!) (our!) family. I also get to see my lovely bff, Colleen; her husband, John; and their growing baby bump of a little boy. I last saw Colleen at my wedding in September, when her pregnancy was still a secret from most people. I can't wait to see her again now that the secret is out in the open and she is so beautifully (and visibly) pregnant!

It seems I really need to step up my photog skills if I am to be any kind of "real" blogger. Every blog I read (and there are many; George often laments the amount of time I spend on my computer "stalking" the beautiful blogs of other lovely ladies) devotes a vast amount of blog space to photos. I'll get to work on those photography skills, but to hold you over until then, here are a few pics of our gorgeous Christmas tree:our tree with just lights

all decked out

That's all for tonight; hot cocoa and my husband are calling <3 Happy Holidays!







Comments

  1. AAAAAAAAAAACK!!!! I am so excited :) :) :) Photos & link's already in your first post?? I am super impressed!! I can't wait to 'follow' your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. We will sure miss you for Christmas this year. First time ever without you! Have a wonderful time in NY, be safe and we'll see you both in 2012

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll miss you guys too, dad! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Coll! See you in 3? maybe 4? days!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can't wait to have you home!! PS I love that you're titling your posts a la friends episodes :)

    Riley says....meh, I guess I will tolerate your presence in my home for some visits over winter holiday. and please, bring your man companion- i like his feet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the title. brills.

    so glad you have succumbed to what will surely be your newest compulsion. it's super fun. can't wait to keep reading!! :) have a wonderful christmas (your first away from mom & dad??) and hopefully we'll get to celebrate your birthday before too much time goes by in the new year! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts